Basic facts and strategy for successful elections
- Clallam County Auditor’s/Elections. One-stop shopping for election and registration dates, online voter’s guide, info on candidates and ballot measures, ballot drop box locations, more.
- Cook Political Report. For ratings and analyses of incumbents and candidates in the U.S. House, Senate, and governors’ offices.
- Indivisible 435. How Indivisible can help win elections in every congressional district in the country. Includes the Indivisible Voter Registration Guide, Endorsement Guide, and much more.
- Brennan Center for Justice/Voting Rights and Elections. Voting laws and rights, “voter fraud,” redistricting, much more.
- EMILY’S List. “We ignite change by getting pro-choice women elected to office.”
- FEC (Federal Election Commission). A primary source for researching candidates and committees in federal elections, and learning “about the money raised and spent in elections.”
- Google Alerts. To get emails when a topic or name you’re interested in appears in Google Search, enter the topic or name in the Search box and then click “Create Alert.” Click on “Show Options” to customize the search re. the sources checked, how often you’ll be notified, etc.
- Google News Search. In the Search box at the top of the screen, enter a candidate’s name or other search term/phrase, launch the search, and when the results appear, click on “Save” to save your search.
- GovTrack. For tracking legislation in Congress, as well as voting records of members and committees.
- National Conference of State Legislatures. For information about state legislatures and ballot measures.
- Open Secrets.org. “Investigate every aspect of money in politics.”
- PDC (Public Disclosure Commission, Washington State). Primary source for investigating candidates (including who has filed for office and when), lobbyists, and committees. Many sorting and browsing options, plus detailed data on money in state politics.
- Progressive Voters Guide. A project of Fuse Washington, and a valuable source of endorsement information for Clallam County voters.
- Rock the Vote. Build political power for young people.
- Swing Left. Flip the House. Work with swing districts (including the 8th in WA state).
- Voter Participation Center. The Rising American Electorate—unmarried women, people of color, and millennials—are now the majority of eligible voters. Get them to the polls with voter research and mobilization.
- Vote Smart. Detailed facts about politicians, candidates, and ballot measures, including voting records, funding, ratings, and more.
- Voting for Judges. Detailed, non-partisan information about candidates running for judicial positions in the state of Washington. Judicial positions can be difficult to vote on; get help here.
- Washington Secretary of State/Election Info on Washington candidates, initiatives and referenda, voting stats, more.
Local progressive and get-out-the-vote organizations
Great sources of local information and contacts. We are most successful when we work together.
- Indivisible Port Angeles.
- Indivisible, Port Townsend Huddle.
- Clallam County Democrats. “Dedicated to increasing the interest of our citizens in their government, to informing the people of Clallam County of the goals and ideals of the Democratic Party and its candidates, and to extending opportunities for participation in the activities of the Democratic Party to all residents of Clallam County.”
- Clallam Progressive Coalition. Great source for Clallam County and Port Angeles candidates and politics; very involved in community action.
- Jefferson County Democrats. “Dedicated to implementing Democratic Party platforms through candidates and legislation.”
- Jefferson County Progressives. “Supporters of issues promoted by Bernie Sanders…. Progressives, both Dem and Independent.”
- League of Women Voters of Clallam County. “Non-profit, non-partisan organization whose purpose is to promote informed and active citizen participation in government. We are committed to empowering citizens with the meaningful information needed to make sound decisions for our democracy.” Register to vote, attend voter forums (in Sequim, Port Angeles, Forks), consult the free directory of elected officials, They Represent You, 2018.
- Olympic Peninsula Progressives. “We are partnered and working to support many local and national progressive orgs.”
- Our Revolution WA Coast/Democracy Rising. “Our Revolution will transform American politics to make our political and economic systems once again responsive to the needs of working families.”
- WA06 Progressive Caucus. “Congressional District #6 in WA includes ALL of Jefferson, Clallam, Grays Harbor, Mason, and parts of Kitsap, Pierce and Pacific Counties.” This group is progressive and supports the platform of the WA State Democratic Party.”
- Washington Berniecrats Coalition (Our Revolution). “We vet, interview, and then endorse candidates, initiatives, and issue-based organizations who represent people, not corporations.“
Help with election efforts in important districts around the country. Bring on the Blue Wave!
- Sister District Project. “We organize volunteers into local teams based on where they live, and “sister” this deep blue energy with swing districts across the country to support strategic state races that matter.”
- Together We Will. “TWW Programs are specifically geared towards supporting and enabling grassroots activism and local grassroots groups.” Offers toolkits, training guides, fundraising help for grassroots groups, more.